|From the Colorado Springs Gazette|
• Eleven-year-old boy gains some understanding of the larger world, dresses himself, and rides a bicycle for a mile. His actions gain wide praise in these nanny-state days.
• Some people make fun of mounted deer heads in the living room. Yet they can be useful!
• How to pronounce "Casa Grande," Arizona.
• How to pronounce street names in Colorado Springs. Having also lived in Portland, Oregon, I have to stop and think about "Willamette Street" before I say it.
• Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife seeks photos taken at state parks for a "Best of 2011" contest.
• Pressured by lawsuits, the U.S. Forest Service draws up new rules about dropping fire retardant into waterways.