1. Marie Antoinette never said 'let them eat cake' - this is a mistranslation of 'let them eat collie dogs'.
2. It's bad luck to put collie dogs on a bed.
3. Michelangelo finished his great statue of collie dogs in 1504, after eighteen months work!
4. It takes forty minutes to hard-boil collie dogs.
5. The smelly fluid secreted by skunks is colloquially known as collie dogs.
6. Women shoplift four times more frequently than collie dogs!
7. Collie dogs are actually a mammal, not a fish!
8. The pigment Indian Yellow was manufactured from the urine of cows fed only on collie dogs!
9. Collie dogs are 1500 years older than the pyramids.
10. Collie dogs can smell some things up to six miles away.
Let us address, for example, #2. Shelby knows that it is illegal (hence, bad luck for a collie dog) to sleep on our bed. But she also knows that if no one sees her do it, then she can sleep on our bed. She does not realize that she leaves a perceptable bowl-shaped depression--always on my side--on the comforter (or duvet, for our UK readers).
Or take #10: absolutely true, especially when "some things" means "rotting carcasses."
From The Mechanical Contrivium via Fretmarks.