September 23, 2006

Gorilla Glue dangerous for dogs

Because I do use Gorilla Glue a lot for small repair jobs around the house (such as bird feeders battered by bears), this caught my eye:

A popular glue does more than just stick -- it grows when it comes in contact with liquid.

So imagine what would happen if it was swallowed. An Oak Harbor pet owner found out first hand, and her dog is lucky to be alive.

Emma the black Lab evidently knocked the glue's squeeze bottle off a kitchen counter and bit it. The Gorilla Glue web site does say to get immediate medical attention if the glue is swallowed.

No comments: