- At 10,000 birds, "The Dunning-Kruger Effect as it Relates to Birding." I didn't know it had a name, but I've done it.
- "Shattering the Stereotype of the Green Consumer" (via Blogfish).
- Where California long-eared owls go in the winter, with a link to similar information for Eastern Colorado.
- A review of Matt Mullenix's new falconry book.
- Holly runs into one of those life-in-death-in-life situations that hunters face.
- Patrick Burns reminds us what a crappy Interior Secretary Gale Norton was. So far I am a lot happier with Ken Salazar, although it's a pity Colorado had to lose him as a senator.
- Con Daily's close-up photos of Steller's jays show their markings well.
- The Chesapeake Bay retriever—not a "gentleman's dog."
September 22, 2009
Blog Stew with Shades of Green
A few good reads from the blogroll: